Last year we have put together a blog post that focused on the Twilio best alternatives options for 2018 , this is a follow up blog post to talk about alternatives you have at the beginning of 2019.
Twilio continued to impress and grow in 2018 and continues to a good job marketing CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) APIs and SDKs to the developer community, we noticed some of the worth noting actions Twilio did in 2018:
- Twilio rolling out turn-key contact center solutions such as Twilio Flex
- Twilio Low-code / No Code Visual builder (Studio)
- Twilio acquiring SendGrid (press release)
- Twilio API support for Whatsapp
- Twilio price increase across the board
Many businesses apps and services still relay on Twilio as of January 2019 , such as smart cars management with programmable wireless, ride-sharing apps like Uber and features like two-step verification when accessing our emails and web pages. These services are mostly powered by CPaaS APIs like Twilio, Nexmo, Plivo.